template

Monday, July 11, 2011

Holiday Fun!

I love the 4th of July! This year we headed to the Layton park in the morning to hang out with my family.  My sister Krystal and her kids were in town from Idaho and so we got to see them which was nice too!  We caught the end of the parade and then looked around at all of the booths they have set up around the park which is my favorite thing to do. This year I bought some craft projects for myself to do.  First, I bought an old window that I'm planning on making in to a picture frame of some sort and some wooden block letters that say "Summer."  I'm sure you'll see the finished projects when I'm done!


Me and my two sisters and the park

The beginnings of my Summer letters

 After a few hours at the park, we headed out to Springville to Jeff and Dakota's Food and Fireworks Extravaganza!..  We had a delicious BBQ and TONS of fireworks! I decided to make some festive cookies that I found on a blog.  They were a little frustrating to make because the stars turned into big blobs with rounded edges when they came out of the oven, but with a little help from a knife I was able to reshape them into stars.  They were really yummy!.. But the next time I make them I will make them the morning of instead of the night before because they started to get soggy by the end of the night. 
My 4th of July star cookies!

As soon as it started to get dark we lit of the fireworks!  I had never done any fireworks like this before so I had a lot of fun watching them light up int he air and taking lots of pictures!  There were a few malfunctions, but nothing serious!.. haha.  We had tons of fun and can't wait for the 24th!
Lighting off fireworks
The one that almost hit the neighbors!

No comments:

Post a Comment