template

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Black Friday

After Thanksgiving dinner, Mark, Lisa, and I decided to go Black Friday shopping at Target.  It was exhausting!  I don't know what possessed an 8 month pregnant lady to want to go after working a 9 1/2 hour shift! 

Here's what we scored!  Mostly we go to Target every year to find TV series on DVD.  This year they didn't have all of the latest seasons on sale! I was bummed.  But we still found some we wanted.  There were even a couple of things I found for the baby.  Mark mentioned that from now on, we won't be shopping for us anymore.  I can't wait!  We also got telestrations.  If you haven't played it, you need to!  It is so fun.  It's kind of like the game of telephone meets pictionary.



 
 
By the time we got home my feet were so sore, and my ankles were swollen.  I couldn't even walk anymore.  Overall, we shopped for an hour, and then waited an hour in line. 
 
The next morning we got to sleep in which was so nice!  Then we decided to hit up the Nike factory store since Mark needed some new shoes.  Everything in store was an extra 20% off.  Mark got some new shoes, a pair of pants, and a pair of shorts.  I got some new shoes, and some workout clothes.  Maybe it'll motivate to work out after the baby with my new gear!
 
 
 
Earlier in the week, Lisa and I also shopped some week-long Black Friday sales.  Everything at Carter's was 50% off all week long, so I bought an outfit and some socks for the baby.  We have lots of clothes for her until she's 6 months old, but not too much for after that.  I thought this outfit was so cute, but it was so hard to buy one that she won't fit into until she's 9 months old!
 




After we went to Carter's Lisa wanted to go to Banana Republic Factory Store.  I had gotten an email just that morning saying everything was up to 70% off, and I had a 15% off coupon to use on top of that.  I couldn't resist buying some clothes even though I won't be able to wear them until after the baby!  I tried them on just to make sure they'd fit, and most of them I could probably wear now but I don't want to stretch them out too much!  I found a really cute sweater cardigan that I wanted and the sign above it said 70% off.  It turned out that it was really only 30% off, so I had to pass!  After I went to work on Friday, Lisa went back and got it for me!  It was so nice of her to get it, because it's the one thing I really wanted there!

 
 
The day before Thanksgiving, Mark got me my Christmas present.  It was the last day it was on coupon at Costco, and he didn't want to miss out on the deal or get me the wrong thing.  He got me a DSLR camera that I've been wanting forever!  It's the Canon EOS Rebel T3i, and I can't wait to take pictures of our little girl with it!  It's been awhile since I've used an SLR, so now I just need to learn how to use all the features on it!  Mark said now he never has to buy me a birthday or Christmas present ever again.  We'll see how that works out for him!
 
 
I'd say we had a pretty successful (and expensive!) shopping week!




No comments:

Post a Comment